Hi, I am new to Struts.  I have read the logon example
presented in Husted's "Struts in Action" and deployed
the logon.war on my machine.  Everything works exactly
like what says in the book.

However, I am confused --
My question is why I entered
http://localhost:8080/logon
and the welcome.jsp is invoked and displayed in the
browser?

In my mind, http://localhost:8080/logon tells to look
for logon.do.  According to the action mappings:

<action
         path="/Logon"

type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
         parameter="/pages/Logon.jsp"/>

the Logon.jsp should be invoked.  Could anybody shed
some light on it?

I can understand if I enter
http://localhost:8080/logon/index.jsp
the welcome.jsp is invoked because the logic.forward
tag in the index.jsp:

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:forward name="welcome"/>