Hi all,

I have a J2EE application using struts and JSP to build the view to my
model.
I have a session facade bean which returns me ValueObject of my beans.
For instance I have a GroupValue object which represents data of my local
GroupBean.

I made a ActionForm as follows (GroupForm.java):

import nl.xbase.group.value.GroupValue;
import nl.xbase.management.struts.action.BaseForm;

/**
 * @author harm
 *
 * @struts.form
 *              name = "groupForm"
 */
public class GroupForm extends BaseForm {
        private GroupValue groupValue = new GroupValue();

        /**
         * @return
         */
        public GroupValue getGroupValue() {
                return groupValue;
        }

        /**
         * @param value
         */
        public void setGroupValue(GroupValue value) {
                groupValue = value;
        }

}

I also have an Action which displays all groups. I put them in a
Collection and return the collection to the JSP.
I use the iterator tag to iterate through those groups as follows:

<logic:iterate id="groupValue" name="groups" property="groups">
        <bean:write name="groupValue" property="groupName"/>
</logic:iterate>

As you can see I call /editgroup.do in this form, which expects an
GroupForm as input.
Therefore I need to set the property groupValue.groupId of the GroupForm.
But I don't know how to do this. The only way I can think of is to include
a private String id in the GroupForm. But this seems to be redunnant.

Is there some other way? Or what is a good way to tackle this problem?

Many Thanks,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands