paramName (in your case viewcontactlist) is the name of the bean in the
request (paramScope="request").  You need to have a paramProperty
="beanProperty" also.

>From the docs:

Specify both the paramName and paramProperty attributes - The specified
property getter method will be called on the JSP bean identified by the
paramName (and optional paramScope) attributes, in order to select a value
that can be converted to a String.

HTH,
Tim

|         |           "Mehran Zonouzi" |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           b.com>           |
|         |           09/10/2003 08:15 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |cc:
                                          |

  |  Subject:      Cannot find bean viewcontactlist in scope request

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 10/10/2003
                                                Retention Category:  G90 -
                                                General
                                                Matters/Administration

I am getting this error message when my JSP page first loads up.

Cannot find bean viewcontactlist in scope request

I am using a link to call my ActionForm class( as below):

paramScope="request"></html:link>

My ActinForm is called ContactForm and I want to call it using a param
called 'page' with the initial value of 'viewcontactlist'
to it.

Can anyone help me with the syntax plz?

e-mail is strictly forbidden.