I created it myself - here's the method you're looking for:

      /**
         * This method converts a String to a date using the pattern
MM/dd/yyyy
         *
         * @param strDate the date to convert
         * @return a date object
         *
         * @throws ParseException exception thrown when formatting fails
         */
        public static Date convertStringToDate(String strDate)
          throws ParseException {

                SimpleDateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
                Date date = null;

                if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                        log.debug("converting '" + strDate + "' to date");
                }

                try {
                        date = df.parse(strDate);
                } catch (ParseException pe) {
                        log.error("ParseException: " + pe);
                        throw new ParseException(pe.getMessage(),
pe.getErrorOffset());
                }

                return date;
        }