Hi,

I'm a newbie in the world of struts programming and I need help urgently.
I'm doing a file uploading module and thus far I've done all the nessesary
coding and included all nessesary functions. My problem is when I test the
code, the iterator (i) does not have any values, i.hasnext() always return
false although when I check the contentLength of the request it always
contain  the file value. I'm suspecting that the HttpServletRequest does not
pass the appropriate value when submitting. I've also added the line into my
jsp files:

enctype="multipart/form-data">

I'm currently using WSAD 4.0.5 and using the commons-fileupload.jar. I
really appreciate it if anyone could help me in this. Million thanx

Regards,
Alvin

public boolean upload(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest req) {
        try {
                System.out.println("length = " + req.getContentLength());
                if ( req.getContentLength() > 10000000 ) {
              System.out.println("ERROR: File size too big");
            }
                  FileUpload fu = new FileUpload();
                  fu.setSizeMax(10000000);
                fu.setSizeThreshold(10240);
                fu.setRepositoryPath("../webapps/tmpAG");

                List fileItems = fu.parseRequest(req);
                Iterator i = fileItems.iterator();

                while (i.hasNext()) {
                        System.out.println("in while loop");
                        FileItem fi = (FileItem)i.next();
                        String fieldName = fi.getFieldName();
                        if (fieldName.equals("uploadFile") ||
fieldName.equals("uploadFile")) {
                                String name = fi.getName();
                                System.out.println("fileName = " + name);
                                FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = new
FileOutputStream("../webapps/agFiles/" + name);
                                fileOutputStream.write(fi.get());
                                fileOutputStream.close();
                                fi.delete();
                                fi = null;
                        }
                }
                fu = null;
        } catch (FileUploadException e) {
                System.out.println("upload FAIL: " + e);
                return false;
        } catch (Exception e) {
                System.out.println("upload FAIL: Other exception: " + e);
                return false;
        }
        return true;
    }