I bet the data is coming in with both a carriage return and a line feed between lines. So you've replaced the line feed, but not the carriage return.

Chawla, Yogesh wrote:
Hi All,

I am getting some values from user from a HTML textarea which is entered by
the user. The user is entering a enter key and my value comes with these
data.

Now before inserting these data into the database, I want to replace this
enter key with #.

However when I call the string.replace method like this

dataInput = dataInput.replace('\n', '#');
System.out.println("dataInput Value is " + dataInput + " End of DataInput");

The final value comes input with the # but the enter key is not removed and
the final value is still something like this

dataInput Value is New Jersey
State Data
Country Data
End of DataInput.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Yogesh

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.