I have a few questions reg the below

Is this recreatable
is there a certain place where you get this OutOfMemory exception
Are you using JNI

Also Can you please send the stack trace.

Regards
Sreekant G
@ 98404-65630

                      Casey Forbes

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      s.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  [OT] OutOfMemoryError when I
have plenty of heap
                      09/17/2003 05:51

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Hi everyone,

There are many smart people on this list and I haven't been
able to get anywhere with this problem, so...

I'm running 12 Struts-based apps under Resin 2 on a Linux box.
(I don't believe that this is a Struts problem - this is
just some background for you)

Every few days (sometimes this will happen after 2 days, sometimes
5 or 6) I get an OutOfMemory error which stops the JVM...
I have plenty of room in the heap (the machine has 1 GB or
RAM and I have the max heap size -Xmx set to 896 MB) Just before
it dies there are a few attempts to free more memory.
>From the GC log:

Full GC 227765K->132728K(274140K), 3.2615930 secs
Full GC 132729K->132728K(274140K), 2.5218730 secs
Full GC 132803K->120231K(274140K), 3.1998370 secs
OutOfMemoryError

As you can see - I'm only using 132 MB after the first
GC which leaves plenty.... Runtime.freeMemory()
etc. returns similar results..

Does anybody have any ideas? I don't even know where to look
next... It doesn't look like a profiler would help me here
since I don't have tons of objects filling up my memory.....

Thanks,
Casey

This mail was scanned by Interscan Virus Wall of Mailserver2 at SNR, TCS, Chennai