Many thanks,

I have been looking a lot a XForms and have come to the understanding
and might be wrong that the XForms provides the ability to create forms
that are not coupled with a particular view technology like HTML, the
forms are build using XML and rendered appropriately for the requesting
device. I decided to move my exploration away from XForms because this
type of functionality is great but not my key objective.

I don't mind if my forms are in HTML but my form must be generated
dynamically from an XML data structure defining an applications
configuration and I am thinking a XSLT could define the form to
represent that data and alter the data structure. As I can see an XForms
XML doc could define the form as I think the XSLT could and provide the
transformation with a browser plugin. Unfortunately as I have found the
plugins only support MS IE6 and would be a big limitation on the
application.

Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something.

I am going to read up on JAXB, XMLBeans, XUpdate.

Many Thanks,

Greg