--- "Kruse, Matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The important principle here is "Web Application
> != Web
> > Site".
>
> Why? In many cases, it's the same difference. These
> days, web "sites"
> usually are web "applications" on the back-end.
> There are a lot of stupid
> users out there. In many cases, every attempt needs
> to be made to cater to
> them.

Yes, in many cases you are right.  For instance,
Sprint PCS uses Struts and it is a public website.
They have to cater to different browsers, people
hitting the back button, etc.  But, a lot of Struts
development is being done in a closed corporate
environment.  My former employer had the direction
that ALL of the company's applications (over 100 of
them) had to be browser based.  Out of the 100
applications that I have seen, nearly all of them take
advantage of JavaScript to have a browser with no
buttons, no navigation bars, etc.  At that company,
there was direct control over what was on the users
desktop (IE 5.5).  *I believe* that is what Craig is
referring to as a 'web application'.

-Blake