We do this too.  Works like a charm.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 9:05 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: .do as welcome-file

I can confirm that this hack works for tomcat. Create the dummy file
start/start.do and tomcat will be happy, and you will still get the
actual struts mapping.

On 09/23/2003 02:06 PM Mainguy, Mike wrote:
> I haven't tried it, but I've been told that, in tomcat, if you create a
file
> with that exact name it will work properly.  Evidently you cannot specify
> servlet path as a welcome file.

Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary
information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of
information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential and/or privileged
information intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by another person is strictly prohibited.