Nick Heudecker wrote:

Hi,

I've read in the docs that DynaForms only support the folloing types:

# java.lang.BigDecimal
# java.lang.BigInteger
# boolean and java.lang.Boolean
# byte and java.lang.Byte
# char and java.lang.Character
# java.lang.Class
# double and java.lang.Double
# float and java.lang.Float
# int and java.lang.Integer
# long and java.lang.Long
# short and java.lang.Short
# java.lang.String
# java.sql.Date
# java.sql.Time
# java.sql.Timestamp

I would like to add my own type to this, basically a key/value pair
object like the LabelValueBean in the Struts source.  My question is:
What do I need to do to add an additional supported type to DynaForms?

This is actually the list of objects for which default Converters have been registered so that BeanUtils will do string-object and object-string conversions for you. That list is extensible, by calling ConvertUtils.register().

There are no restrictions on the data types that you can store in a DynaBean (which is the base interface for DynaActionForms), as long as you properly declare the type in the corresponding DynaProperty.

Craig