If you have developed your application in "struts friendly" way, this should
be as easy as changing....

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/javapps/*.do</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

 or (for path mapping)

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/myapp/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/javapps/myapp/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

...in the web.xml

I just tested this on the project I am currently working on and it works
fine.  My login page now posts to "/javapps/harland/security" whereas it
used to be "/harland/security".  I can also change it back and forth from
extension mapping to path mapping by simply modifying the <url-patter> to
any of the above values.

Best I can tell you is to make the change (as noted above) and run your test
suite.  You did build a test suite right?

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist