I think you need to implement the saveErrors() method some where
in your code. You may also need to import the Action class in your Servlet Filter. Also
you could check to make sure you have imported the html taglibrary in your home.jsp

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nate Drake [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. September 2003 02:08
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: ActionErrors and Servlet Filters

I have a Servlet Filter that checks that the user has permission to
access the requested page.  If the user does not, I want to send them
back to home.jsp.  In home.jsp, I want to use the <html:errors> tag to
display an error message.

In the filter I do this:

ActionError error = new ActionError(Constants.ERRORS_PERMISSION_DENIED);

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, error);

request.setAttribute("errparam", errors);

RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher("home.jsp");

rd.forward(request, response);
return;

In home.jsp I've tried both:

It forwards back to home.jsp, but the error messages are not displayed.
Is it possible to use ActionErrors outside of an Action?

Thanks,
Nate