----- Original Message -----
From: "Mainguy, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject: BeanMapping WAS: [Poll] action mappings

> I think your way is perfectly acceptable.  I like to try and use the
> supplied interfaces (i.e. DynaBean) if they suit my needs and, to date,
> DynaBean has served me well.  You can use BeanUtils to map DynaBeans to
> POJO's and visa versa (as a matter of fact you can to it to/from  maps
also
> I believe).

After working with DynaBeans some more, I agree with you.  I am going to use
them as my type for transfer objects as well instead of the strategy I
outlined before where I defined my own IInputForm and IDynaInputForm
interfaces.

> My only gripe with using the commons-beanutils would be that I would
perhaps
> like to have a couple levels of DynaBean and perhaps at the simplest level
> only have an interface like you describe (i.e. fewer methods in
implement).

I would like to see an empty interface called
org.apache.commons.beanutils.Bean, but I can see that being a huge point of
contention so I'm not going to press for it.

Matt