You may use following to set bundleName defined in struts-config.xml...
request.setAttribute(Globals.MESSAGES_KEY, bundleName);
but bundleName is MessageResources object ..... and bundleName is  key
attribute of message-resources in struts-config.xml...

OR
If above do not meet your requirements...
than you have write factory of message-resources and overload loadLocale
method of  PropertyMessageResources...