Graham Leggett wrote:

Matt Raible wrote:

You are correct - there is no <button> element, but there's nothing
preventing you from using your own:

<button type="submit"><bean:message key="button.submit"/></button>

Struts does not mandate that you use it's tags for form buttons.

This is true, but for the sake of completeness and elegance I was going to add a button tag to struts, just wanted to know whether there was a reason I shouldn't do it.

I'd say if it is standard HTML 4.01, and I believe it is, then we would welcome
this tag if you were to contribute it. The old Netscape 4.X didn't support 'button'
so that is why it was left out. But like david says we should standards not browsers.

Regards, Graham --