Hi Stephan,

The instruction you use to force UTF-8 looks fine to me, so I don't know why
it does not work. This is the way we do it in several web applications too.
They are non-public sites, so I am sorry I can not simply let you try them
out.
Manual transformation should not be necessary.
First of all can you make sure that the contenttype header is really sent to
the browser?
A simple utility that shows you all HTTP requests and response headers
(plugin for IE) can be found at:
http://www.blunck.info/ieHTTPHeaders.html

Also (assuming you are using IE), right-click in your page, move to Encoding
and see what is selected there. It should be UTF-8.

If you come to the conclusion the response is indeed sent as UTF-8, but
still characters are not showing correctly, than I think something is wrong
with the source data.

Remke