From: Joanne L Corless [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 8:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dynamically populating tile lists at runtime for menus - Is it
possible?

Hi,

I am in the process of building a Struts/Tiles application that needs to
be
able to dynamically construct menu lists when the user logs in.

For instance a user may belong to the base user role, therefore a single
tab should be displayed but he could also belong to an admin role,
therefore 2 tabs need to be displayed.

Is there a way of building the

  <putList name="tabList">
      <item value="Doc Home" link="/index.jsp" />
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
</putList>

dynamically?

All the documentation I have found so far seems to suggest that all
these
lists need to be predefined, however I want to be able to retrieve the
item's from a database within a Struts action as the number of
combinations
of  list items could run into the hundreds.

Regards

Joanne Corless

CSC Computer Sciences Limited
(   Office +44 (0)1772 318025
( Mobile +44 (0)7767 656588
* email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Based at: CSC, Alliance House, Library Road, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7EN
CSC Computer Sciences Limited: Registered in England, No. 963578.
Registered office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
GU11 1PZ.

written
agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail
for such purpose.