Yes for the dynamic part. The static part will be an external reference
through the <script src=... tag, I think it will be cached by the
browser, so it won't be loaded every time. Anybody please correct me if
this is not the case.

> If so, do you know why this isn't the default behaviour?

The default is staticJavascript=true, as defined in the tag source.

Saul

> Thanks,
> Brian

src="staticJavascript.jsp"></script>

> > Saul
> >

> > > I apologize if this is a question that has already been addressed,
> but
> > > I've
> > > not been able to find an answer...
> > >
> > > We have implemented the validation framework into our webapp and
it
> > works
> > > well.  We have noticed that all of the validation javascript is
> loaded
> > > into
> > > the web page, even if the validation is not applied on the page.
> The
> > > loaded javascript can be over half of the loaded page's content.
> > >
> > > I think my javascript tag (struts-html:javascript) looks right.
The
> > > dynamic javascript is built as expected, but the static javascript
> > just
> > > brings in everything.  Has anybody sen this before?
> > >
> > > I appreciate any guidance.
> > > Nick

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]