Write a tag that emits the hidden stuff.  Put it everywhere.  Then there's
only one maintenence point...

Hi John,
Yeah, that is one (messy) solution to my problem. My concern is I would have
to do add those 15 fields in every JSP page that sends the VO back, and if I
have to make a change to the DB/VO, then go back over every JSP page again
to make more changes.

I'm trying to get to as low-maintanence as possible initially, even if it
means sacrificing some performance by not using light-value-objects in the
beginning.  Can always make it faster after it is working correctly, right?
;-)

I'm still lost as to how to handle Struts with Value Objects though....
-D