Hi Caroline,
if I remember correctly, it is not possible to use Action servlet mappings for the login and error pages in tomcat.

I do know for sure that it is recommended practice to keep those pages seperate programmatically and to view them as part of the container rather than part of your app. Check the archives for a few threads on that matter.

Adam