So is the above possible? If so, how? Basically, I'd like to have <logic:present> (or notpresent) tags around certain parts of my menu definitions. That is, I would like certain items to only appear under certain circumstances. I can't figure out how to do this in a menu definition file. Has anyone done something like this?

My menus are _not_ overly complex; however, I know from my long ago Statistics class that it is completely impractical to define all the possible combinations. Besides that solution is not only ugly, it is not very maintainable.

thanks for any thoughts!