From: Wiebe de Jong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 2:42 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: JBoss

That is a good way to do it.

Plan to make use of the Business Delegate pattern.

In this pattern, your Actions never call your database directly. The Actions
should make calls to a helper bean which implements the Business Delegate
pattern. This bean will contain all your JDBC code and hide it from the rest
of the application.

Later, when you make the move to EJB, you only have to change the Business
Delegates, not any of your other code.

Wiebe
http://frontierj.blogspot.com