Joseph Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to foce download when a linked is click to download a
> excel file rather than opening into the current browser window.
>
> For zip or exe it will automatically force a download of the type.
> I tried changing the mime types but didn't seem to work.
>
> Thanks for any information.

I speak as a newbie here, but I wonder if there is a way to setup
struts-config.xml to expect an action that looks something like
"/whatever.xls", and then map that to a servlet that would create an
excel file.  I know that Internet Exploiter plays a lot friendlier when
the mime type is actually a part of the URL (.xls in this case), so
that might be a way.  I would like to hear what some of the other more
seasoned Struts developers would think of such a concept.  If this
won't work at all -- my bad!

Andy