I think I have a good practice:

Point Resin (or container) to your project where IDE is:
<web-app id='/' document-directory='\jasic\bPproj\bP' >

Cany changes to Java or JSP, you do not need to restart resin.
(changes to xml files, you do).

I also recomend dual mointors, resin console and browser on right; Eclipse front and center.
As soon as I save an action java file, for example, I can go to left monitor w/mouse, browse the action, and new debnug messages display in resin console.

Eclipse detects a change, and creates a class file. Resin detects the change, and reloads the new class.

hth, .V

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a J2EE developer. I have made a few projects using Struts. And I have to say I like the Struts framework very much. I'm using XDoclet to generate struts-config.xml (to speed up development).

The only thing I'm not happy about is the following:

1. I change something in my JSP.
2. Run Ant (create a war and ear).
3. Deploy the ear - file.
4. See the results in the browser. (JSP has to get compiled).

Unfortunatly these four steps take at least (in my case) 3 minutes for each run.

Is there some way to check my JSP before compiling it? Or some other way to keep the time as short as possible?

Many thanks,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands