I have been triing to avoid this issue, but I can't help stick my foot in my
mouth.

Struts works but so do a lot of technologies.

Struts is about the COMMUNITY.  I have never been on a more supportive,
active, relevant communitity of developers.  As long as the community keeps
producing stuff which is relevant to the community it will continue to be
relevant.

Edgar