From: Andy Engle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 October 2003 08:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Slightly OT] Where/how to start?

Hi all,

I have a strong Perl/CGI background, but my JSP/Servlet/J2EE experience
is related only to what I did in college. My job entails C development,
but I really want to get more into this J2EE stuff.  It's so much more
enjoyable than this C work I am doing, but I can't seem to get my foot
in the door.  In looking for a J2EE development job, I keep hearing
that I need more experience, which is perfectly understandable.   But,
I can't get experience without getting a job doing it first.  My
question is, how do I get my foot in the door so I can split my boring
job and do what I really want to do?  Do I need to go full tilt and get
a certification or something like that?  Any ideas would be most
helpful.  Even more helpful would be a J2EE job in the Chicago area
where I could develop my professional career in this area.

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,
Andy