On 10/15/2003 02:23 PM Erez Efrati wrote:
I have a DynaActionForm with a boolean field representing a checkbox
field which must be checked before processing the form. I've tried
marking him as depending on 'required' but that didn't do it and the
server side FieldChecks.validateRequired () of Struts just let it pass. Going into the code I saw that the field already have a value of 'false'
thus it passes the check of not being null or blank.

Now, I can put the code into my Action or into the derived form class
validate() method but I think that was not the idea of having an
infrastructure of validations.

How can this be done? Have I missed anything?

This might be a kludge, but have you tried a validate mask = 'true'?

Otherwise I think it's not do-able with the standard validations.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9