Thank you very much for your detailled help.
now, after approx. 5 days bug-searching, we found the problem.
it was a connection leak:-(
the controller, who handles the connections, generated new
connections and didn`t automaticly delete it. so if you didn`t close them manually in the ActionClass, the connection was still alive.
at one point of the application, we didn`t close them manually.
normally no problem, if the controller manages the handling correctly. so we inserted a finalize()-method to assure, that connection is closed and set to null automaticly.
like this:
public class Controller
{
private DataSource _dataSource = null;
private Connection _conn = null;
public Controller(DataSource dataSource)
{
setDataSource(dataSource);
if ( null != getDataSource() )
{
_conn = newConnection();
} else {
// log anything
}
}
public DataSource getDataSource() {return _dataSource;}
protected void setDataSource(DataSource dataSource) {_dataSource=dataSource;}
public Connection getConnection() {if(null==_conn) newConnection(); return _conn;}
protected void setConnection(Connection conn) {_conn=conn;}

private Connection newConnection()
   {
if (null==getDataSource())
{
// log anything
}
else
{
synchronized(getDataSource())
{
   try {
setConnection(getDataSource().getConnection());
   } catch (SQLException e) {
// log anything
   }
}    }
return _conn;
   }
public void closeConnection()
   {
if (null==_conn)
{
   return;
}
       try {
if(!_conn.isClosed()) _conn.close();
       } catch (SQLException e) {
// log anything
       } finally {
_conn = null;
       }
   }
public void destroyConnection()
   {
if (null!=_conn)
{
closeConnection();
}
   }
protected void finalize() throws Throwable
   {
  this.destroyConnection();
   }