Thomas Schneider wrote:

Has anyone experiences in getting struts installed on a WebSphere
Application Server v3.5?

I tried to get the struts-example.war running as desribed at
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation-was352-x.html
but I still get the error "Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE". What does it mean?

The error is mentioned in the article above: "then your application is
most likely still bombing on the struts-config issue that Richard
discovered.", but who is Richard?

Thanks for help or any informations regarding struts with WAS v3.5

We're running Struts 1.1 on WAS 3.5 (3.5.6 and 3.5.7 at least).

IIRC, that particular error message can mean several things. In our case, *usually* it is preceded by other messages in WAS' stdout/stderr when the application is loaded, so you should look there.

The first thing that comes to mind, though, is that you need a different XML parser than what is installed with WAS. We deploy xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar (from Xerces 2.5) into the same directory as the Struts jars.

We also never had to extract DTDs from the jar files, but we did have to extract TLDs. The TLDs also have to be set up in WAS' Tag Libraries configuration section as there is no web.xml in WAS 3.5.

Good luck.
Doug