Geeta,

thanks for pointing out the issue, however, we take care of that in
the validation form.  Either way if the user misses some fields,
he/she'll be redirected back to the registration form asks them to
fill-in the required fields.
I am sorry I was confusing myself too:  Below is the instructions:

1) Fill-out the registration form
2) Click on Submit button on registration form
3) User is redirected to Confirmation page "Your information is
submitted"
4) On confirmation page, the user clicks "Done" button
5) Redirects to index.jsp

On the registration form (register.jsp) I code like this:

<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
     function confirmSubmit(){
         if (confirm("are you sure you want to submit
information?") {
               window.location.href ="<html:rewrite
 page="/register.do" />";
          }
    } //end method confirmPrint
 </script>
 </head>

When I filled out (correctly) the form, click on submit button, then
it took me directly to register.do page. ????
I guess that there is some logics behind this, but I don't know.

Thanks,
DN
--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Geeta Ramani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hmm.., maybe I misunderstood you.. But here's what i understood:
> According to your initial question, you want to ask the
question "are you
> sure you want to submit?" as soon as the user hits the "Submit"
button,
> right?  If the user clicks "Yes" you go on ahead with the
submission.  And
> if the user clicks "Cancel", then you don't even submit the form,
> correct?  All of this has nothing to with Struts, so you don't need
> mess with the strts-conifg.xml for this partiular functionality.
What i
> have indicated earlier will be enough for that bit..
>
> The forwards for "success" and "failure" (in your action mapping
below)
> are where the user will be directed to *after* submission of the
> registration (ie. after your form bean's validate method is
executed and
> if *that* is successful, RegisterAction's perform method is
executed..)..
> (Btw, you are forwarding to /index.jsp in both cases, so yo may
want to
> fix that..)
>
> hth,
> Geeta
>
> Dinh Nguyen wrote:
>
> > Hi Geeta,
> >
> > Don't I have to mofidy the struts-config file too?  Where would I
> > modify that? Below is part for register page in the struts-config
file
> > <action path="/register"
> >         type="myproject.Action.RegisterAction"
> >         name="registerForm"
> >         input="register.jsp"
> >         validate="true"
> >         scope="request">
> > <forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>
> > <forward name="failure" path="/index.jsp"/>
> > </action>
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dinh Nguyen
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Geeta Ramani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Dinh nguyen:
> > >
> > > I didn't look at your files, but it's fairly starightforward I
> > think.. You
> > > add this javascript code within the <head> </head> of your
> > registration
> > > page. In your case it would be something like this:
> > >
> > > <head>
> > > <script language="JavaScript">
> > >      function confirmSubmit(){
> > >          if (confirm("are you sure you want to submit
> > information?") {
> > >               window.location.href ="<html:rewrite
> > > page="/goToHomeAction.do" />";
> > >          }
> > >     } //end method confirmPrint
> > > </script>
> > > </head>
> > >
> > > And (again in the registration page) your submit button will
have
> > code
> > > like this:

> > > Regards,