From: "Lukas Bradley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tags creating Tags
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:34:04 -0500

Hi all,

Maybe I'm just tired, but the answer to this is not to be found. I could me
making this harder than it is, or something might be right in front of me,
and I don't see it.

What I want is a custom tag that creates other custom tags.  Here is a
simple example:

<lukas:myTag lang="en" />

Should produce something like this:

<!-- Imagine a lot more custom tags here -->

Which should then evaluate to:

class="FormField"></td></tr>
   <!-- Imagine a lot more custom tags rendering here. -->

I've thought about trying to extend BodyTagSupport, return
EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED in doStartTag(), modify the bodyContent in doAfterBody(),
then return EVAL_PAGE() in doEndTag(). However, BodyContent has a protected
constructor, and no way to set its content.

I want to maintain the functionality gained from Struts-like custom tags,
while extracting the creation of them in a super-duper momma tag. Any help?

Lukas