=?iso-8859-1?B?QuVyZCBBcnZlIEV2amVu ?= wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying hard not to rip out hair from my scalp. I cannot get the exception handling in struts to work. What am I doing wrong? Please help me before I go insane...

You are actually handling the exception in your Action class. You have to pass the exception up the (method) stack if you want to use the Struts exception handler.

The action's method signature should be something like this:

public SearchTradesAction extends Action throws Exception

and you must remove the "catch" statements in the Action.

Also, you will likely need a custom exception handler to populate ActionError messages.

Have a look here for some tips for Exception handling with Struts:

http://www.jroller.com/page/prpatel/20031023

cheers
Pratik