On 10/30/2003 09:00 AM Frers Michael wrote:
Hi
well this is ok

tiles is used to manage many jsp sides with all nearly the same layouts over
one configuration file

this means you have to maintain (if you use full tiles power) minimum 3
files:
the layout jsp (setting positions of header, body, footer, and so on)
the content files (foreach (header,body,footer,and so on){ you have to make
jsp sides;})

the configuration xml file ( setting which content file should be used at
which position in layout file)

the advantage is that if all websites have the same header and footer you
only have to create the footer and header jsp once

The saving in the number of pages comes when you have many pages. Take as an example a page with 3 parts. That means for your first page, you have to create 5 files:

tiles-def.xml (config)
layout.jsp (skeleton)
header.jsp
content.jsp
footer.jsp

Now you want another page. Assuming that your header and footer require only changes that you can take care of in the xml, then you only require one more file - the content.jsp for the new page. So for a 10 page website, you only need 10 content pages, plus 4 (xml, layout, header & footer).

I don't think I could live without it now.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9