I haven't tried that before, either.  AFAIK, having the plug-in takes care of
installing the TilesRequestProcessor -- you don't have to specify it.  But since
a subclass works, having that should work, too.

When you run the code, does it show the ff message:

'.baseLayout' - processed as uri

?

=== message truncated ===