From: Ruth, Brice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 11:01 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Application objects

The Tomcat manager application can show how many active sessions a
particular application has, so I imagine its possible - probably depends
on the particular container.

I'm not sure about extending the session class, I imagine so, though I
wouldn't know where you would indicate that *your* session
implementation should be used over the default implementation - maybe
someone else can pick up this one.

Finally, yes - you should be able to store things in "application" scope
from anywhere in the application (init, Struts Action, separate servlet,
or JSP). Within a JSP, the jsp:useBean tag with a 'scope' attribute of
"application" will store the bean created in application scope (which is
what ServletContext is).

Mathieu Grimault wrote:

>Hi all,
>    I would like to display the number of users connected (number of
session) to my application. Is there a way to do this ?

>    Another question, Can we implements code in the session class (by
extending the class) and can we store/access/ modify objects in the
ServletContext during the execution of the application (not during
initialisation) ?

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst