Hey, Vic -

I'm looking to do some stress testing of our site before we deploy, can you recommend any good reference books/sites to get started in this area?

Brice

Vic Cekvenich wrote:

You are of by a few orders of magnitude (2,000 to 4,000 concurrent is what I get using j:Rockit VM)

A nice thing about layered MVC architecture is that you can stress test a layer, the Model layer for example. I use OpenSTA + DBMonster to simulate. I use JaMon to monitor live app., so I know what to stress.

Should you need to change improve the Model, I *HOPE* you coded DAO via an interface, that would make it easy to change. I use iBatis DB layer and a fast DB, writing stored procs when needed.

(Lesson for others, create a DAO interface)

hth,

Jonathan Holloway wrote:

Does anybody have any information, case studies or figures they can share on the performance of struts under tomcat. Whats the maximum number of simultaneous users that can be supported by a single tomcat instance running struts? I've got up to around 40-60 but need to increase this to more like 150-200 simultaneous users. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.