I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but hopefully it might be of help to
others....

I've spent most of the weekend trying to configure a Struts 1.1 web app on a JRun 3.x
server. When I would try and start the web app the event log would show an error
indicating that it could not instantiate org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet. I
spent the better part of the weekend trying to figure out why this was happening. I
develop locally with JBuilder 7 and when testing, the app worked fine; it only bombed
when deployed to the JRun server.

After countless hours searching, I found an old posting that said JRun 3.x could not
support Struts 1.1.... it would only support version 1.0. This being the case, I
downloaded the 1.0 version and commenced to converting all of the necessary class
files.

Once the conversion was complete, I deployed the "new" web app version to the JRun
server and it worked. I do however have one "glitch" I'm trying to resolve.... For
some reason I must now use the full package names when referring to various bean
classes, even if I import them into the JSP....

For example, <%@ page import="biz.minimoon.beans.*" %> doesn't seem to do any good....
I still have to reference classes individually with the entire package name when I
want to use them.... This is even true if I import java.util.* in order to use a
Collection or ArrayList, I still have to use the entire package name in order for it
to work....

If anyone has any suggestions for my remaining bug, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Dave