What I do is returning 'null' after setting the MIME type and printing in the response output stream. Works quite well...

Thomas

At 12:22 10/11/2003, you wrote:
Hello,

I want to generate on the fly data which I want to print into the response
stream. This is not the problem: The poblem is that any Struts Action
shall return with an ActionForward instance.
Yes, I could generate a temporary file in which I would print. I could
furthermore create an ActionForward instance which points to that file.
But later on I would have to take care to clean up, etc.

Somebody has an idea?

best regards
Christian

Please be advised that the information contained herein is confidential and intended only for use by the individual stated above. If you are not the named recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, or copying is prohibited. If this information has been directed to you in error, please contact the sender immediately at the telephone number listed above.