If the varName is an instance of a bean then you can try
<bean:write name=" varName " property="username"/> where username is
member of the bean

-----Original Message-----
From: Garg Raman (SDinc) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:02 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: how to read request attribute

Hi,
can anyone tell me I want to show value of my

request.setAttribute("varName",varName);

in my jsp page created in struts,
do we have any method to show the value wihtout using jsp tags
<%=request.getAttr..... %>
I want to show it in "<html:link" tag what will be value of
paramId="id",  paramProperty paramName??
I have want a link like
Edit.do?id=5