Hi,

Heeelp:

I have been struggling for the last 2 days with an issue regarding the  /
"request" / "session" scope of the form beans defined in action mappings.
(Request scope does not work for me, I have to use session scope...).  Can
you please help :

I have the following steps within the code;
   - display login form (works OK)
   - on submit, execute LoginAction (works OK)
  - LoginAction returns "Admin" forward, and , as expected from the
configuration (attached below), the "prep_mtg_day" action is executed.
 -PrepMtgDayAction action extracts the data from backend and stores the
result (a collection of beans) in the form as following:

  public class PrepMtgDayAction extends Action {
        public ActionForward execute( ActionMapping mapping,

ActionForm form,

HttpServletRequest request,

HttpServletResponse response)
                   throws Exception {

                      (MtgDayForm)form.setMeetings(mtgBeanList); // try to
store in form, the form scoped at "request"

           or:
          request.setAttribute("meetings", mtgBeanList); // try to store a
bean in the request sscope
             }

    After the action returns "success" and the page associated in the
mapping of the action is executed, the JSP tries to use "meetings" object
(Collection) from the form or request.
     Only if the form scope is "session" or I set the attribute on the
session,(with session.setAttribute("meetings", mtgBeanList),
     can I use it in the forwarded jsp...

  So, when does a "Request" start or end? It seems like during the forward
there is a new Request created?, so , whatever I stored within request gets
lost?
 Any indications on when can I use Request scope?

 Thanks!!!

====================Struts exception:  ==========================

  <Nov 13, 2003 1:48:10 PM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017>
<[ServletContext(id=20
393935,name=CfgMgrWeb,context-path=/CfgMgrWeb)] Root cause of
ServletException.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean meetings in any scope
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:938)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.IterateTag.doStartTag(IterateTag.java:
277)

=====================struts config action mappings=========================
 <action
  path="/login"
  type="com.genesys.cfgmgr.web.action.LoginAction"
    scope="request"
    name="loginForm"
    validate="true"
    input="/Login.jsp">
    <forward name="Admin"   path="/action/prep_mtg_day" redirect="true"/>
This is what I use
    <forward name="Unknown" path="/Login.jsp" redirect="true"/>
  </action>

   <action
  path="/prep_mtg_day"
  type="com.genesys.cfgmgr.web.action.PrepMtgDayAction"
    scope="request"
    name="mtgDayForm">
    <forward name="success"   path="/MeetingDay.jsp" redirect="true"/>
    <forward name="error"     path="/error.jsp" redirect="true"/>
   </action>