        From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 11/14/2003 9:01 AM
        To: Struts Users Mailing List
        Subject: Re: data source in struts-config

        There's a write-up here,

        http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/database.html

        But we do recommend that your container's data-source be used instead.
        Most data access packages, like iBATIS, Hibernate, and OJB, provide
        their own mechanisms, which do not need to be exposed to Struts.

        HTH, Ted.

        David Liles wrote:

        > Please excuse my ignorance... but I haven't been able to find an
example that show how the <data-source> tag is used in struts....

        > I've looked at several of the examples and I don't see where the
properties that are set in the xml file get referenced.

        > How are these pulled into a servlet to be used?

        Ted Husted,
           Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,
           Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>,
           JSP Site Design  -