>     We have a list of recently accessed URL's in our menu.
> For example,
> the last 4 URL's have to be shown. The URL's are a
> combination of Struts
> actions and links to our Business Objects reporting system.
>  What is the best way to track and persist this type of list ?

Assuming you mean recently accessed by each user and
that you don't have to persist them across sessions
store the URLs in session.

Have the system automatically push requested URLs
into the session. A Stack type object should work
nicely for this, me thinks.

If your reporting system is a separate application with
no direct interaction with your Struts based application(s),
then you're going to have a little bit of fun :)

Use some sort of shared resource to store the URLs. Key
the URLs based on the user's username or id:

{007 = [http://www.example.com/foo.do, http://www.example.com/doo.do,
        http://www.example.com/bar.do],
 008 = [...]}

If your apps share a database, that might be a good
place to put that stuff into.

You could also use cookies to store the URLs. That
might actually be the cleanest way of doing this.

There's probably another half a dozen of ways to
do this...

HTH

                                -TPP

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message.  Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception,
tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the
basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.