Thanks for the info. I checked out JAXB. Getting following error while compiling very
simple application. All required jars are in my classpath.

xjc item.dtd item.xjs

Error is :"[ERROR] The markup in the document preceding the root element must be
well-formed."

where following is the content of item.dtd and item.xjs.

1)item.dtd
<!ELEMENT item_list (item_info*)>
<!ELEMENT item_info (name, price)>
<!ELEMENT name  (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT price (#PCDATA)>

2)item.xjs
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml-java-binding-schema>
     <element name="item_list" type="class" root="true"/>
     <element name="item_info" type="class"/>
</xml-java-binding-schema>

3)item.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<item_list>
     <item_info>
     <name>Pen</name>
     <price>1.99</price>
     </item_info>
</item_list>

I would appreciate any pointers/examples/comments.

Thanking you,
Vicky

"Yee, Richard K,,DMDCWEST" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Check out Castor or Jaxb

http://www.castor.org/

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb/

-Richard