I have an action with the following code in it....

String[] selectedEngineers = new String[3];

request.setAttribute("selectedEngineers",selectedEngineers);
request.setAttribute("availableEngineers",selectedEngineers);

here is the code from the jsp.

<logic:iterate id="engineer" name="availableEngineers">
  <bean:write name="engineer"/>
</logic:iterate>

<logic:iterate id="engineer" name="selectedEngineers">
  <bean:write name="engineer"/>
</logic:iterate>

<logic:iterate id="engineer" name="availableEngineers">
    <bean:write name="engineer"/>
  <bean:write name="engineer"/>
</logic:iterate>

both arrays display on the screen just fine.

the check boxes are also displayed. 6 of them to be precise. The only problem is that they are not checked by default.

I thought that the multibox took case of this?

Nathan