Hi,

I´m running Struts 1.1 with Tomcat 4.1.24 and also with Websphere (wsad) 5.
I have a tiny application developed under wsad running fine under tomcat.
When I try to deploy the same app to websphere I´m constantly getting
nullpointer exception for the objects I try to pass from my action class
to a jsp via the session (session.setAttibute()).

After a search at google and list archives I found out that lots of guys
seem to have kind a problem like this. It seems that in websphere I get a
new session (I checked it with session.geId()) every time I call my jsp.
The session I added my object to as a session attribute is not reachable
anymore.

I also detected that tomcat is passig the session id via the url like
this: http://myserver:8080/myJsp.jsp;jsessionid=DSFSD98DFSDF...
Websphere just calls: http://myserver:8080/myJsp.jsp

I didn´t find a workaround for this problem yet! What is the recommended
way of passing an object (not necessarily a bean, in my case a collection)
from an action class to a jsp? Is this a configuration or an programming
issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Chris