From: Zmitko, Jan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 4:05 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: dynamic selection of messages from properties file

Hello,

I try to show messages in the GUI depending on values from backend. The
value which I receive are of the type int like 1, 2, 3....
Now I have to show the correctly message. The messages in my .properties
File show as follows. Because of a better of readability I would´t write in
the .properties File not only the number.

konditionsuebersicht.select.2  =  Tag
konditionsuebersicht.select.3 = Woche
konditionsuebersicht.select.4 = Monate
konditionsuebersicht.select.5 = Jahre

Now I try to use these message with the <bean:message> tag. I try different
ways but no was successful. The last shot shows as follows:

<bean:define name="column" property="investmentPeriodType"
id="investmentPeriodType"/>
<bean:message name="column"
bundle="konditionsuebersicht.select.{$investmentPeriodType}" />

I get the error: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Property for message key
must be a String

Can anobody help me with my problem.

Thanks

Jan