"Schneeder"? Hm, sounds familiar, but... Anyway, forgetting JSTL for a second
(gasp!), you're saying you've got something like:

ApplicationResources_en.properties:
dateFormat=...

ApplicationResources_fr.properties:
dateFormat=...

Yes? If so, then maybe this is what you're looking for:

<bean:write name="dateObj" formatKey="dateFormat"/>

This will use the current Struts locale, or you can add the "locale" attribute
to specify the name of a session attribute for the locale you'd prefer.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>