I am currently using the struts workflow extension and I have stumbled
upon some strange behaviour. When you on a jsp page with form and submit
that form, the workflow state changes before
the validation result is taken into consideration. Please correct me if
I am wrong. This puzzles me because the idea of struts form beans are
that if validation fails, you are being returned to the same page you
originated from. That gives a problem because you then need to have a
previous state for your action that is the same as the newState,
otherwise you get a violation. Maybe I remember wrong but I seem to
remember seing an answer (from Matthias who is one of the developers of
the workflow extension) on the struts mailinglist that it's not a good
idea to have a previous state that is the same as the newState, didn't
understand why, so could anybody perhaps give a few comments on the
state being set before form validation
Cheers and regards

Tommy Holm, System Udvikler
TELMORE A/S