I'm migrating an application to Tiles. In my main struts-config.xml, I have the following forward defined to switch into a submodule:

<forward name="toNewsManager" contextRelative="true" path="/newsmanager/index.do" redirect="true" />

This Forward is referenced in a menu.jsp tile which is recreated in ALL submodule tiles layouts. It works fine when I am working within the default module, but when I enter a submodule, and the menu.jsp tile is recreated, I get the following error:

[ServletException in:/menu.jsp] Cannot create rewrite URL: java.net.MalformedURLException: Cannot retrieve ActionForward named toNewsManager'

So I understand that this is because the Servlet is looking in my submodule Struts configuration file for the Forward, when in fact it is declared in the main struts-config.xml file. So what's the solution? Do I have to recreate all the relevant forwards in every submodule's Struts configuration files?

Another issue I have is with <a href="doSomething.do"> links in submodule JSP's - for example:

These links have stopped working since I have migrated to tiles. Do I now need to hard-code the submodule so that the link now looks like:

or is there another solution?